“[Being] easy to watch and share … coupled with shortening attention spans, makes short film one of the most powerful ways to communicate, educate and entertain!” – Suzy Hutomo
Suzy Hutomo is the Executive Chairwoman of The Body Shop Indonesia and the founder of sustainable lifestyle site sustainablesuzy.com.
This background, combined with a belief in the power of short film and in the special ties between Indonesia and Australia, makes her a perfect jury member for the ReelOzInd! Short Film Competition and Festival 2019.
“Our culture and attitudes can be so different,” Suzy reflects, but “ReelOzInd! provides a unique perspective on [their] intersection. And short film is the perfect medium.”
We are excited to announce also that Fransiska Prihadi and Andrew Mason are returning to the ReelOzInd! jury this year, to lend their wisdom again.
Fransiska, or Cika, is the Program Director of MINIKINO Film Week (MFW), or the Bali International Short Film Festival. On top of overseeing year-round screenings and workshops for MINIKINO she is also an architect and an ‘out-of-school learning’ entrepreneur.
Andrew Mason is a film producer with 30 years’ experience that includes The Matrix trilogy and recently many films with Hopscotch Pictures which he co-founded in 2009. He is also currently on the board of the Sydney Film Festival.
Submissions to ReelOzInd! 2019 are now open – closing 16 August.
Links and resources
- ReelOzInd! Open for Submissions trailer 2019
- Suzy tweets from @suzyhut and shares sustainability stories and tips on sustainablesuzy.com
- Cika tweets from @cika_wulia
- Read more about Andrew’s work at www.hopscotchfeatures.com.au
- For more information contact Festival Director Jemma on +61 409 257 154 or email@example.com
- Visit www.reelozind.com to learn more and submit your film.