2017 ENTRY GUIDELINES
Welcome to ReelOzInd! 2017. We’re encouraging Australian and Indonesian filmmakers to share their stories in creative ways through short film.
ALL FILMMAKERS MUST ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- Films can be submitted in either the Open or Youth categories (filmmakers 13-18 years)
- Films must relate to the 2017 competition theme Water
- Films must be no longer than 10 minutes (including titles and credits)
- Films must have been made in the last 12 months (produced after 1 April 2016)
- Films may have been previously entered in other competitions
- Films should be appropriate for viewing by under 15 year olds (G, PG, M classifications)
- Subtitling is the responsibility of filmmakers. Indonesian subtitles for English language films. English subtitles for Indonesian language films.
- Permissions and consent are the responsibility of the filmmaker
- Films are accepted in all major video formats in full quality HD up to 10 GB. We recommend that you use settings close to these output settings:
- Maximum video bitrate: 2200 Kbps, H.264, mp4
- Audio: 128 Kbps, AAC, 2 channel stereo
- Aspect ratio preserved; maximum video height of 720 pixels
- You must submit and upload via our online entry system in the correct format NO LATER than 6pm AEST/ 3pm WIB on 31 July 2017.
Your entry will NOT be accepted if:
- Any of the above items are not included
- Your film is over the 10 minute time limit (including titles and credits).
- Your entry arrives any time after 6pm on the final day for submissions
- You have not completed or only partially completed our online entry form
- You have not submitted your film to us via our Upload Form in the correct
- You have not agreed to the Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
To enter your film into ReelOzInd! which is run by Australia Indonesia Centre (AIC), you (Producer) must:
- Complete the Entry Form and
- Upload the film correctly via our online Upload Form by 6pm AEST/ 3pm WIB 31 July 2017 (ReelOzInd! accepts no responsibility for any Entry Form or Film that is late or damaged)
By completing the Entry Form and delivering the Film online via our Upload For, the Producer has applied to enter the Film in the Festival, related competitions and activities and accepts that the conditions contained in the Entry Form and in the Entry Guidelines’ which includes the FAQ and these terms and conditions of entry, create a legally-binding agreement between ReelOzInd! and the Producer.
JUDGING OF THE FILMS
- Awards will be given for in the following categories:
Best Film; Best Collaboration between Indonesian and Australian filmmakers; Best Animation; Best Documentary; Best Fiction; Best Youth Film (for filmmakers aged 13-18 years)
- Up to five films from each of these categories will be shortlisted as Finalists (a total of 25 films) and from these judges will select a winner in each category.
- ReelOzInd! selects a jury to judge the Finalists, which is made up of industry professionals, including actors, directors, writers, producers and others (“Jury”). The members of the Jury watch the Finalist films and score them. ReelOzInd! tallies those results and comes up with an average score for each The highest score wins. The judges are asked to use their own judgment but, in general, ReelOzInd! instructs the Jury to evaluate the films based on execution, strength of idea, creativity, expression of the filmmaker’s talent, and application of the competition theme ‘Water’.
- Shortlisted films will be made available for public viewing on the ReelOzInd! website and there may be other awards like a People’s Choice
Each film must comply with the following dates to be eligible for entry in the Festival:
Submissions Open: 1 April 2017, 9am AEST/ 6am WIB
Submissions Close: 31 July 2017, 6pm AEST/ 3pm WIB
LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
ENTRANT’S REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
The Entrant hereby represents and warrants to ReelOzInd! that:
- they have the full right and authority to accept the Terms and Conditions and enter into this Agreement and grant the rights granted in the Agreement;
- the Film complies with the Terms and Conditions;
- they are the sole and exclusive owner, or have permission from the sole and exclusive owner, of the copyright in the sound recordings comprising the soundtrack of the Film and the music and lyrics reproduced in those sound recordings;
- all of the performers in the Film have consented to the use of their performances in the Film;
- they give permission for the Film to be screened online and to the general public in the context of events related to the activities of ReelOzInd! 2017, and to be saved in a data archive created by ReelOzInd! All submitted films will be automatically registered to the ReelOzInd! archive. All submitted films are kept in archive and could be screened and programmed only for cultural, educational and promotional purpose. Films will be licensed under the Creative Commons License
ATTRIBUTION-NONCOMMERCIAL-SHAREALIKE CC BY-NC-SA
This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work non-commercially, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms.
The Entry Guidelines are fixed, but Festival venues, dates, awards, travel awards, etc. are subject to change at any time.