2018 ENTRY GUIDELINES
Welcome to ReelOzInd! 2018. We’re encouraging Australian and Indonesian filmmakers to share their stories in creative ways through short film.
ALL FILMMAKERS MUST ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- Films can be submitted in either the Open or Youth categories (filmmakers 13-18 years)
- Films must relate to the 2018 competition theme Youth
- Short Films must be no longer than 10 minutes (including titles and credits)
- Ultra Short Films must be no longer than 30 seconds (including titles and credits)
- Films must have been made in the last 12 months (produced after 1 April 2017)
- Films may have been previously entered in other competitions
- Films should be appropriate for viewing by under 15 year olds (G, PG, M classifications)
- Subtitling is the responsibility of filmmakers. Indonesian subtitles for English language films. English subtitles for Indonesian language films.
- Permissions and consent are the responsibility of the filmmaker
- Films are accepted in all major video formats in full quality HD up to 10 GB. We recommend that you use settings close to these output settings:
- Maximum video bitrate: 2200 Kbps, H.264, mp4
- Audio: 128 Kbps, AAC, 2 channel stereo
- Aspect ratio preserved; maximum video height of 720 pixels
- Short Films must be submitted and uploaded via our online entry system in the correct format NO LATER than 6pm AEST/ 3pm WIB on 31 July 2018.
- Ultra Short Films must be submitted via one of Twitter/ Facebook/Instagram using the tag @reelozind NO LATER than 6pm AEST (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)/ 3pm WIB (Waktu Indonesia Barat) on 31 July 2018.
Your entry will NOT be accepted if:
- Any of the above items are not included
- Your Short Film is over the 10 minute time limit (including titles and credits).
- Your Ultra Short Film is over the 30 second limit (including titles and credits).
- Your entry arrives any time after 6pm on the final day for submissions
- You have not agreed to the Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
To enter your film into ReelOzInd! which is run by Australia Indonesia Centre (AIC), you (Producer) must:
- Submit the Short Film correctly via FilmFreeway by 6pm AEST/ 3pm WIB 31July 2018 (ReelOzInd! accepts no responsibility for any Entry Form or Film that is late or damaged)
- Submit the Ultra Short Film via Twitter or Facebook or Instagram using the tag @reelozind NO LATER than 6pm AEST (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)/ 3pm WIB (Waktu Indonesia Barat) on 31 July 2018
- By delivering the Short Film online via FilmFreeway and the Ultra Short Film on Twitter/ Facebook/ Instagram using the tag @reelozind, the Producer has applied to enter the Film in the Festival, related competitions and activities and accepts that the conditions contained in the Entry Form and in the Entry Guidelines’ which includes the FAQ and these terms and conditions of entry, create a legally-binding agreement between ReelOzInd! and the Producer.
JUDGING OF THE FILMS
Awards will be given for in the following categories:
- Best Film; Best Collaboration between Indonesian and Australian filmmakers; Best Animation; Best Documentary; Best Fiction; Best Youth Film (for filmmakers aged 13-18 years);
- Up to five films from each of these categories will be shortlisted as Finalists (up to 25 films) and from these judges will select a winner in each category.
- ReelOzInd! selects a jury to judge the Finalists, which is made up of industry professionals, including actors, directors, writers, producers and others (“Jury”). The members of the Jury watch the Finalist films and score them. ReelOzInd! tallies those results and comes up with an average score for each The highest score wins. The judges are asked to use their own judgment but, in general, ReelOzInd! instructs the Jury to evaluate the films based on execution, strength of idea, creativity, expression of the filmmaker’s talent, and application of the competition theme ‘Youth.
- Shortlisted films will be made available for public viewing on the ReelOzInd! website and there may be other awards like a People’s Choice
Ultra Short Film
- An Award will be given to Best Ultra Short Film
- Ultra Short Films will be judged by the public via social media
Each film must comply with the following dates to be eligible for entry in the Festival:
Submissions Open: 1 April 2018, 9am AEST/ 6am WIB
Submissions Close: 31 July 2018, 6pm AEST/ 3pm WIB
LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
ENTRANT’S REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
The Entrant hereby represents and warrants to ReelOzInd! that:
- they have the full right and authority to accept the Terms and Conditions and enter into this Agreement and grant the rights granted in the Agreement;
- the Film complies with the Terms and Conditions;
- they are the sole and exclusive owner, or have permission from the sole and exclusive owner, of the copyright in the sound recordings comprising the soundtrack of the Film and the music and lyrics reproduced in those sound recordings;
- all of the performers in the Film have consented to the use of their performances in the Film;
- they give permission for the Film to be screened online and to the general public in the context of events related to the activities of ReelOzInd! 2018, and to be saved in a data archive created by ReelOzInd! All submitted films will be automatically registered to the ReelOzInd! archive. All submitted films are kept in archive and could be screened and programmed only for cultural, educational and promotional purpose.
Films will be licensed under the Creative Commons License
ATTRIBUTION-NONCOMMERCIAL-SHAREALIKE CC BY-NC-SA
This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work non-commercially, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms.
The Entry Guidelines are fixed, but Festival venues, dates, awards, travel awards, etc. are subject to change at any time.